Time for another recipe. This is a quick and easy meal which is probably why I love it. Combining my favourite things - pasta and meat, it takes less than 30 minutes to make this. This recipe serves 4.
500g rigatoni pasta
200g chicken breast fillet diced
2 chorizo sausages sliced
1/2 medium brown onion chopped finely
2 garlic cloves chopped finely
400g tin diced tomatoes
100g sundried tomatoes in oil
2 tbsp olive oil
few sprigs of parsley
salt and pepper
- Bring water to boil in a pot, add a bit of salt and cook the rigatoni pasta until al-dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate non stick pan, heat the olive oil and saute chopped garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add diced chicken pieces and sliced chorizo sausages into the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until meat is browned and cooked. Remember to toss occasionally.
- Next add the sundried tomatoes along with the oil and toss well.
- To make it a sauce base, pour the tin of diced tomatoes and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lastly add the cooked rigatoni and some chopped parsley and stir thoroughly to cover all the pasta in sauce. The dish is ready to serve!
There you have it, a delicious quick and easy meal that is ever so satisfying! I like to serve some parmesan and chilli flakes with my pasta but that is certainly up to your liking. Hope you enjoy this recipe!