Fellow foodies, it's been a very busy week and weekend finally being able to have two days off with my fiance so we've filled it with quite productive activities in relation to our wedding. Frankly speaking, I'm very proud of the boys for being accommodating and organized. They've got their suits sorted! A busy week always means a quick meal and one of my favourite quick meals is pasta! With all the cherry tomatoes and chillies I've harvested from my garden, I had to use them before they go bad! We've been very lucky with a fantastic harvest this time. I also had the opportunity to use my herbs.
I decided to make Pasta with Prawns, Chilli and Cherry Tomatoes. Just beautiful, honest home grown, fresh goodness and letting the produce shine through. This recipe serves 4.
500g pasta (any type - I used spiral pasta)
1 cup prawns
2 cloves garlic sliced
11/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
4 chillies finely sliced
100mL white wine or sherry
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped mint
1 tbsp chopped basil
salt and pepper to taste
4 tbsp olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add some salt. Cook pasta till al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan heat up some olive oil and saute sliced garlic and chillies until fragrant.
- Add prawns and toss for about 2 minutes then add cherry tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and toss the pan to mix everything together.
- When the prawns are cook and cherry tomatoes starting to go soft, turn off the heat and stir in the parsley, mint and basil for that fresh flavour.
- Pour the pasta in and mix well then serve. Serve with parmesan if desired.
This meal is definitely under 30 minutes prep and cook time. With the chillies, it really depends what type of chilli you used and what level of spiciness it has as well as how spicy you would like your dish. I used 4 bird's eye chillies in mine. Now, time to sit back with my pasta and watch My Kitchen Rules!